Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tripping Out!

First of all, I have no idea why my page went to German suddenly. I am hoping my posts are still in English though. Any way, that is not why I am tripping out. Besides 9-11, I have really tried not to freak out over the whole terrorism thing. Today is the 6th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. Last week an attempted attack on a US base in Germany was stopped, scary being so close, but I was ok. Then I learn today, that an attack was threatened on the base I live on last night. Now I am freaking. I know they say it is all secured and not a worry now, but that is just too close for comfort. My husband is still deployed, and I am in a foreign country, living on a military base that has been threatened, how am I supposed to calmly deal with all this? If you have not seen the story, it is on yahoo news. Everyone seems to just take this in stride like it is no big deal, I assume because they have been trained to deal with this kind of thing. Well, I have not been trained, have no clue how to react, and no clue what to do. Hell, what can I do besides pray and wait? Not like I can just jump on a plane back to the states, if that would really be safer, we just don't know. This leaves me feeling totally helples and vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment